New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Old Apple llc

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sackandcrack

sackandcrack is an unknown at this point

hello all-

my second computer was an apple llc. i recently got it back from my folks house where it has been sitting since the early 90's. I tried to turn it on and nothing happened. I called my dad and asked if he remembers the last time it worked and he said it was fine until my little cousin decided to put some quaters in the disk drive so he could play a video game.

At any rate, I would love to see it work again. I took it apart and saw the apple computer motherboard, and it was copywrite 1983! pretty neet huh?
I also realized that i had no idea what i was looking at!

the point of all this, besides publicly posting my memories, is does anyone know if someone repairs these old computers and would it be worth it? i mean this thing only has a 5 and 1/4 floppy and no hard disk, and blah blah blah. i just hate to see it taking up space in a corner if it could be working. i sure would like to play conan and moon patrol again..........
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Here's a possible issue...a dead "clock" battery. Depending on the Apple II model it could be replaced. So I would say try finding this battery on the motherboard somewhere, and replace it if it's replaceable.

Here are two articles relating to the Apple II series of computers:

Apple introduces keyboard changes in the new MacBook Pro models - Switch To A Mac

Apple IIc - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope this helps,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

Yep..its the battery.
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.8 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.5.8; G4 eMac 1.25, 2 Gb, OS 10.4.11

And take a look at the Apple Desktop thread in M-F! See what Nick has got people drooling over (Nick was too modest to mention it ). Note particularly the reference to PRAM batteries. Further, get yourself acquainted with the finer points of the II series with Mactracker.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughvane View Post
And take a look at the Apple Desktop thread in M-F! See what Nick has got people drooling over (Nick was too modest to mention it ). Note particularly the reference to PRAM batteries.
Drooling...what drooling...was somebody drooling?

Very funny Hugh!

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

Interesting how a cool old Mac gets things hop'en around here. Hey
Nick have you changed the 27 Macs and counting?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac SK View Post
Interesting how a cool old Mac gets things hop'en around here. Hey
Nick have you changed the 27 Macs and counting?
I may have to double check...but I believe the "27 Macs and Counting" is up to date.

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
I may have to double check...but I believe the "27 Macs and Counting" is up to date.

- Nick
I think Im down to 12. May be some parts ones around. Took off a Starmax not long ago.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac SK View Post
I think Im down to 12. May be some parts ones around. Took off a Starmax not long ago.
Buy one...Sell one...the number is flexible!

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
Adspage214

Adspage214 is on a distinguished road

My mother has an apple llc computer. There are a couple of disks with it. I was going to just throw it away, but was told to check into selling it. It works from what I can see when I turn it on. It was purchased the year I was born, so I'm not sure what to do with it! Is this worth anything or should I just throw it in the trash? It is slightly discolored but still has the disks and stuff that came with it.
Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Keep it as an antique Apple. Since it was your mother's computer and purchased the year you were born, I'm sure it has some sentimental value.
QUOTE Thanks
Adspage214

Adspage214 is on a distinguished road

Ohh no! lol. I don't keep things like that. I just wasn't sure if to throw it away or try to sell it.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Sell it then. Take a look on eBay to see what something like that might sell for.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Have a new Windows PC? Just a quick tip regarding recovery partitions | Did I get a good deal on these 3 old Macs? »