Which Laser printer best compatible with Mac 10.5.8

I work from home and print between 100 - 200 pages per day so obviously a laser printer is the best option for me but our current HP1020 is not compatible with the Mac so causes us problems when printing.

We are looking to buy a new printer, possibly colour laserjet.

Ive looked on Amazon etc but some review state to beware as certain printers are not compatible with Macs even though not disclosed in the specifications etc

Can anyone recommend a decent laserjet but not going into the realms of the 500 price bracket, am willing to go upto around 300-350ish, maybe more if its exceptional.

I don't mind brands, i have been happy with HP but am happy to try others too.

Ive had a search on reviews for all sorts but different sites have a vast range of opposite reviews so thought it would be best coming from recommendation!!

Banks Peninsula, New Zealand
    MacMini 2.4, 8 Gb, OS 10.10 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.6.8
    Welcome to Mac-Forums!

One of the best mono laser printers I've used in the last ten years has been Brother brand. I've also used Oki, a very good printer, which nowadays has much better Mac compatibility.

Others will have differing opinions, so for independent, impartial reviews, and noting you're using the currency sign, a site I often check is LASER PRINTERS review cheap prices LASER PRINTERS best buy discount online. There's also Inkjet Printer and Laser Printer Reviews - IT Reviews.
    Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Thread Information