New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Time Machine/Capsule set-up help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MacPro User

MacPro User is on a distinguished road

Hi, I am a new switcher and need help please!

I purchased a 8core Mac Pro and love my machine! I spent a few weeks setting it up the way I want it and now need to do further tweaking.

Firstly I cloned the 640gb HDD onto a 1 TB Hdd and added 3 more 1 TB drives.

1 for Mac OSX
1 for Windows XP that I boot up from with Bootcamp [unfortunately there are software manufacturers that have not yet seen the light! ]
1 for my photographs (formatted NTFS but accessible to read & write with OSX software)
1 for my files and music (again formatted NTFS but accessible to read & write with OSX software)

I now wish to back all these up to my Time-capsule with Time-machine.

I upgraded the 1 TB HDD in the Time Capsule to a 2TB HDD, now for the questions I need help on:

A) Can Time Machine be run from Mac OSX and back up all 4 HDD even though some are formatted to NTFS?
B) Can I add a second 2 TB HDD via USB or FireWire to Time Capsule or directly to Mac and access it through Time Machine as an additional storage space (I can not seem to manage this)
C) Can I partition the 2 TB HDD in the time Capsule to 2x1TB partitions in order to allocate a HDD per partition?

thank you

A
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Argosy Multimedia TV HDD Media Player HV359T | Only use external »