Apple Magic Mouse or Alternatives
    I am looking for a mouse for my new Macbook Pro 13. I know that the new Apple Magic Mouse is out I am just wondering if people recommend it over the less expensive Logitech V470?

Is the Apple Magic Mouse worth the extra money?

Napier NZ
    27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S
    Depends on what u want and how u plan on using it - for me the scroll with momentum, like the iPhone, is well worth it. If u need 15 buttons to program then u wont like the Magic mouse.

Lake Mary, Florida
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Before you opt for the V470, I'd take a serious look at the m555b.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

Houston, TX
    20" iMac 2.4 GHz, 4gb | 16gb white iPhone 3Gs | MacBook 2.1GHz, 1gb | 40gb AppleTV |
    I just got a new V470 in WHITE for my macbook. I haven't had any issues with it, I've been looking for a nice bluetooth mouse to go with my MacBook. I had the Microsoft Bluetooth one that was white, but could make myself use it on the Mac.

Macbook Pro 13"
    +1 for the Magic Mouse.

Best mouse that I have used (with third party software to enable more features).

I like my Magic Mouse. But I will say it can be a bit touchy till you get used to using it. In fact I really would like to replace my mouse at work with one like my MM.

i have a logitech wireless USB mouse and it works fine. I believe the battery lasts forever because I haven't replaced it in over two years. However, it has its own preference pane which conflicts with the default one. For example, I wanted to set spaces to the middle wheel click, but for some reason it didn't work. I ended up setting the wheel button to F15 and then using F15 as spaces. I have tested out the magic mouse at the apple store, and I felt a bit of "click-lust" while using it-- I think I may have broken a few knuckles trying to use it. My friend recently got one, and pinched a nerve doing some bizarre 3rd party gesture (okay im kidding about that. But it looks like it is more suitable for people like this: )

(what is that, like 8 fingers on two merged hands?)

Thread Information