New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

smart phone not appearing when mounted

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

axis42

axis42 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Aluminum Macbook

Hello,
I have had an HTC Droid Eris smart phone for about 3 weeks now and I love it generally. But I have this one issue that is now driving me nuts. When I plug it into my Macbook running OSX 10.5.8 and mount the drive, it only appears on the desktop and in Iphoto. It does not appear in ANY Finder window or list. This has not been a problem yet because I've been at work where I have an external monitor in addition to the Macbook's monitor and I can see the Eris on the desktop, double click it and manipulate the files. But this morning I am at home and have just the macbook. The only place I can see my Eris on the Macbook is in Iphoto. This is not helpful to me because I want to move a Voice Recorder file onto the Hard Drive and add some music to the Eris. But I cannot because I can't get at it unless I am in Iphoto.

Has anyone else experienced this with a phone or any external hard drive, which this phone is right now (It has a SD card that is mounted)? Does anyone have any suggestions?

The drive is mounted. And I have tried plugging in, mounting and then unmounting, plugging back in and then mounting again. Nothing.

Thanks for the help!
Charlie
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« WD Scorpio Blue 640GB noisy as **** and then some | Apple TV won't work even with suitable converter HELP ! »