New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Canon PIXMA MP560

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jeffm

jeffm is on a distinguished road

I just got my Mac Book Pro a few hours ago and I can not get it to locate the printer on the wireless network. It does see the scanner and that's all. I have followed the advice from the other PIXMA posts here: reinstalled with USB attached and installed from disc then from update. Absolutely no joy.

Any advice is appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

I just had the same problem with my PIXMA MP990. I fought with this for several hours. Sounds like you have tried everything that I did. I can mention two things that worked for me until I finally got wireless printing working:

1. If you have something like a Time Capsule that can be used as a print server it should work that way. At one point my previous printer (the Canon 980) was scanning wirelessly through Canon's system but printing through the Time Capsule.

2. If you have the printer running under Leopard and then upgrade to SL it seems to preserve the settings at least for me.

3. A few posters on other sites have suggested that a quick call to Canon support got the whole thing sorted out rather quickly.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
jeffm

Thanks Slydude! I called Cannon support and they walked me through the setup in a few seconds.

First make sure you instal the MP560 series MP Driver Ver 1.0 for network when you instal from the disc. Then on Sys Prefs - Add printer - Defaults (I swear my printer was not there last night) - Printer name: Canonijnetwork - Print using: Canon MP560 Series - Default printer: Canon MP560 Print a test page and you should be all set!
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Glad that worked out for you. I think that's the procedure I finally ended up with though I tried so many different things I am just not sure. Canon's list of drivers for the PIXMA MP990 is rather confusing.

At one point my problem was fixed because Software Update recognized the printer and informed me of the updated driver. Last night though that didn't work because Software Update apparently thought I had the correct driver.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
jeffm

I thought I'd share this as I spent an hour on the phone with tech support this morning.

Every time I scan a document to my Mac I get the "Allow or Verify" popup on my screen and it's annoying as snot. Canon's tech support had me verify the printer was enabled in the advanced securities tab, then had me remove, add the MP Navigator EX 3.0, then we checked Mac's firewall which was/is the problem. I reset the firewall and was able to scan without a need for verification a few times but I ultimately had to stop the firewall to scan and then re-enable it afterwards.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple TV - extended desktop? | Make Bootable OS 8.6 HD in a G4 Machine »