New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Dell 23" vs. NEC 24" ??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

heidenspass

heidenspass is on a distinguished road

I'm in need of a new monitor to go with my G5. I shouldn't go over 650 Euro. I'm a graphic designer doing mostly layout.

Ideally I would choose a LaCie or an Eizo but they are way out of my price range.

I will also be using this monitor to watch movies on a secondary but not really an important aspect but one still to consider.

I've pretty much narrowed it down to a Dell UltraSharp 2709w, which has tons of input possibilities (a plus for using it for movies) with a 6ms response time and as I have read, with calibration, it is a nice display for doing graphic work on. I believe this monitor is also a VA and not a TFT?

The other one I've narrowed it down to is the NEC MultiSync LCD2490WUXi2, which is intended for graphic professionals. I believe it to be a TFT, however? Plus it it has a 8ms response time.

Out of the two I'm leaning towards the Dell, it cost a bit less, seems to be of nice quality for the price range and of course the larger size is very tempting. I've never seen one of the larger 27" displays with the 1900x1200 resolution to compare it to one with 24" so here is where my question comes in; I'm wondering if the bigger pixel appearance of the Dell will be an annoyance or a boon to my everyday design work???

I would really appreciate any advice, thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Just for you.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
heidenspass

heidenspass is on a distinguished road

thanks, that's a very helpful link!

still wondering if the bigger pixel appearance is an annoyance?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help With Replacing The Casing on my MBP | Apple TV - Not what I expected. Am I doing it wrong? »