New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Memory stick is making my mac freeze and it didn't ever before...?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

designgeekesse

designgeekesse is on a distinguished road

Hello

Well firstly, I hope this is in the right place, sorry if it is not. I have a mac book pro with os x but the problem seems to be my maxell memory stick...

I have had my memory stick for about 4 months and up until now has worked fine with my mac. I have been using the same memory stick in my mum's pc every so often. Well, I put a pdf file onto my memory stick from my mac, put it onto my mum's pc which I copied the files from, then I put it back into my mac....my mac froze!

The memory stick flashed for a lot longer than usual then the rainbow/beach ball appeared and my mac froze! I could'nt do anything. I had to use the power on/off button to close it, which I really don't like doing but didn't know what else to do.

I put my memory stick back into the pc and it said the files were corrupt or something.

However, I then put my memory stick into my old emac and showed the files fine, so I am really confused. What's going on and how can I make it work? I have tried it in my mac a few times but it just freezes, even when the memory stick is in before I turn my computer on. I have tried a different usb port but the same happened. I tried a different memory stick and it worked fine. It is very frustrating. PLEASE can someone help...thank you very much in advance
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

Try deleting everything off of it in the pc and see how it goes. If that doesn't work you could try and re-format it. If that doesn't work throw it away and buy a new one.

Hope this helps
Clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
designgeekesse

designgeekesse is on a distinguished road

So put it in the emac, then delete everything off it? Only it doesnt work on my mac book pro or the pc now

And how would i re-format it? Sorry i dont know much about this but appreciate your help

ETA: I was really paranoid that my stick picked up a virus, I wasn't sure on the reason it was working then wouldn't
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Scanner Problems!!! Help!!! | Connect MacBook with TV problem »