New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Enter key acting as command key

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

vukasin

vukasin is on a distinguished road

I've just gotten USB Apple keyboard with which I replaced my old one (http://bit.ly/8OUHHJ).

The problem I have is that the Enter key (on the numeric part of the keyboard) acts as command key?

Am I missing something? How can I fix this?
QUOTE Thanks
Rottie

Rottie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vukasin View Post
I've just gotten USB Apple keyboard with which I replaced my old one (http://bit.ly/8OUHHJ).

The problem I have is that the Enter key (on the numeric part of the keyboard) acts as command key?

Hi there,

Try pressing your num lock key (located above the 7 on the number pad)

Hope this helps.
QUOTE Thanks
vukasin

vukasin is on a distinguished road

hay rottie, thx for the reply but it still ain't working. above the 7 key i have a 'clear' key. i have tried pressing i multiple times to see if the behaviour of the Enter key would change but nothing came out of it - it just doesn't function. i even tried to turn num lock on my macbook to which it is connected to but nothing

any other ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I use that very keyboard daily and have for ages now and never had that issue.

This is on a Macbook? Which version of OSX? I have a feeling a key mapping has been changed somewhere under System Preferences/Keyboard.
QUOTE Thanks
Rottie

Rottie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
hay rottie, thx for the reply but it still ain't working. above the 7 key i have a 'clear' key. i have tried pressing i multiple times to see if the behaviour of the Enter key would change but nothing came out of it - it just doesn't function. i even tried to turn num lock on my macbook to which it is connected to but nothing

any other ideas?
Hi again,

Try looking on the 9-key keypad (above the cursor arrow keys) for your num pad key - It will have a rectangle with a superimposed X on it.

Other than it being the num lock key, all I can think, as another poster has said, is that you need to go to system preferences and look in the keyboard and mouse pane there.

Also, I'd check in system preferences > International to make sure that you have your keyboard set to the right country.

Hope this helps.
QUOTE Thanks
gvogels

gvogels is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Hi

I am having the exact same problem.
I am using an imac with an apple usb keyboard with a numeric keypad. I have tested the keyboard on another computer an it is working OK there, so the keyboard itself is OK.

I have contacted apple support (the netherlands), but they seem unable to help. I can't find any way to remap the keyboard.

HELP..... I need this enter key badly
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« An odd external HD problem | Firewire 800 »