New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

ViewSonic LCD Monitor & MacBook - Out Of Range

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nickbabenko

nickbabenko is on a distinguished road

Hi there..

By the title, you can more or less get the picture. I got it a week ago, worked fine up until yesterday, I had noticed their was lines flickering on the screen on dark colours so I thought I'd see if I could alter it but I just made it worse. Although, I only used the auto-adjust feature, giving me an Out Of Range message and the suggested resolution, all other's look terrible and aren't even usable.

It's quite confusing as nothing's changed on my Mac, no software updates, I barely did anything to the monitor, nothing I hadn't done when I first got it but still, I'm getting this problem.

I've looked all over Google, Viewsonics website and found nothing that can solve it. I'm assuming I may need to reset the monitor to it's factory settings to forget my laptop all together but I can't seem to do that.

The monitor is a Viewsonic VA2413wm and I'm using a unibody white macbook running snow leopard 10.6.2.

Any help would be extremely appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

My first reaction would be that the monitor is kaput.

Leave it to Viewsonic to make a 24" widescreen digital display with only an analog input. ???

Things to try...

Reset the monitor to default - need to pull out the manual if it's not obvious with the OSD (on screen display).

If you are using the mini-display port to VGA adapter, while the adapter is connected and the monitor is on, install the firmware update - here. Read directions.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
nickbabenko

nickbabenko is on a distinguished road

In the menu, there's an option called "Memory Recall", which I assume and according to the manual resets to factory settings.

Quote:
Memory Recall returns the adjustments back to factory settings if the display is operating in a factory Preset Timing Mode listed in the Specifications of this manual.
I tried that firmware update, but it was just telling me that nothing was connected.

I've tried it on a PC as well and at the recommended resolution it said the same.

Looks like I'll have to take it back.

Thanks a lot for your help.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can the Pro9000 work shared through XP or a print server? | Wireless Router NAT issues with Macbook and Xbox »