New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Trouble getting my HP Deskjet F4440 to work in Photoshop CS4!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

GDbecks

GDbecks is on a distinguished road

I recently received a HP Deskjet F4440 as a gift. I installed it, hooked it up to my computer and have been able to print without any problems. But now I want to scan, and the scanner isn't showing up in Photoshop! I read instructions saying to take the TWAIN.plugin file off the install disk, but I just inserted the disk into my computer and there IS NO FILE with that name! All I see are the HP Installer, the ReadMe folder, and the License file. So basically it's all text files plus the installer. No "Goodies" folder that keeps getting mentioned.

Can someone please help me?
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Well I have Photoshop CS4 extended and they moved or removed import from scanner feature. I have to use CS3 if I want to do that.

I get lazy though so I just use Preview to have my documents scanned and if I need to do some color corrections or resizing I open it up in Photoshop.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
martyp

martyp is a jewel in the roughmartyp is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 15" Retina, 2.3GHz i7, 16Gb, 512Gb SSD, 750GT. iPhone 5S 64Gb Gold

Yep, Adobe removed the TWAIN feature from CS4 for some reason...

If I want to scan on my Mac I use 'Image Capture' found within your Applications folder. It's simple but pretty good, you can rotate, crop, adjust DPI, color etc.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Firewire or USB 2.0 for external burn drive on G4 tower? | Can the Pro9000 work shared through XP or a print server? »