New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Connecting mac mini to TV with composite

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

yosato

yosato is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I just bought a mac mini, and seem to struggle to connect it with our old television set, which only has a composite input port (as well as scart).

I was under the impression that a DVI-composite adaptor would do, but things don't seem so simple. Hooking up with the adapter gives us just a noisy screen. I have tried various resolutions but no avail.

I have seen some postings saying newer minis don't do a composite output with an adapter, and am a bit confused. Would anybody enlighten about which minis require what hardware/software, or perhaps some setting tinkerings, to be connected with a telly via the composite port?

Any help would be appreciated!
QUOTE Thanks
truekaos

truekaos is on a distinguished road

I am trying to accomplish the same thing. I have tried quite a few combinations of adaptors and such. I think my next go is going to be a USB to composite adaptor or a DVI converter, hopefully to RGB as I don't want to open walls at my house again.

Did you manage to find a solution?

Cheers
CK
QUOTE Thanks
truekaos

truekaos is on a distinguished road

Here is the adapter I was thinking of going with.
TRITTON Technologies Inc. :: SEE2 Xtreme UV200

Then from VGA to RGB with an adapter.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 30-Inch Cinema HD Display alternatives | Trying to Connect 1 Mac Mini to Two Screens »