What connector is that?
    I recently ordered a mini-displayport to DVI adaptor (here) but what I received does not fit my Mac Mini mini-displayport connector (I have a Mac Mini MacMini3,1 2GHz, 4GB, 120GB HD)

Obviously I am going to return it to the vendor, but I am curious as to what type of connector this is. This is definitively not a Mini-DVI or the mini-display port (the connector I received has a width of 11mm - metal part, whereas the Apple spec for the mini-displayport calls for 7.4mm).

Any idea?

Attached is a picture of the connector I received
    Attached Images Attached Images

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Looks sort of like display port instead of mini-display port.

But, I thought it had a 45 degree angle cut at one of the corners like this.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
    Looks sort of like display port instead of mini-display port.

But, I thought it had a 45 degree angle cut at one of the corners like this.
    Yeah, it does bobtomay, although it's kind of hard to see in his pic because of the lighting, but if you look to the right of the connector, you can make out the 45.

Weird. So, they sold you a DisplayPort to DVI adapter? Did you get it from Apple?
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    Yeah, it does bobtomay, although it's kind of hard to see in his pic because of the lighting, but if you look to the right of the connector, you can make out the 45.

Weird. So, they sold you a DisplayPort to DVI adapter? Did you get it from Apple?
    I bought it online, but it says "Designed by Apple in California Assembled in China" printed on the cable (in _very_ small print). I doubt that a company making fakes would go to the extend of reproducing that!

The SK number (on a label on the part) is: 08-QZNW-FZJ4 Didn't come up with anything in Google tho...

See enclosed close-up picture of the connector.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    That outward shape is similar to that of HDMI, but not quite. Approximate length of HDMI also.

Was thinking maybe it could be some old DFP (digital flat panel) connector from the late 90's. There were quite a few proprietary connectors back then. I really don't have a clue what it is.

In any case, it definitely is not a mini-display port. I'd send it back to wherever you got it from and order from monoprice.com or amazon (only if it is sold and shipped by amazon).
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

It's a.... micro-dvi!
    I swang by my local Apple store and was informed that it was a Micro-dvi, in use on the MacBook Air first generation model (someone should fire the engineer who decided to use yet another connector in the Apple arsenal).

Thread Information