New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Trying to use TV as mirror monitor for Powermac G5

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kev_taoboy

kev_taoboy is on a distinguished road

I just purchased a single processor Powermac G5 tower and I'm trying to watch internet TV on my analog TV via video cable.

I purchased a ATI Radeon 9200 128MB DDR Memory DVI-I to VGA & S-Video video card and have connected everything up, but my Mac doesn't seem to recognize it as an additional display.

I click on the "detect displays" function and it doesn't see it. I'm not really sure what else to try
Am I missing something?

kev
Attached Images
File Type: jpg atiradeon_9200.jpg (8.9 KB, 2 views)
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Is the ATI Radeon 9200 card you purchased for a Mac? In other words does it have the Mac ROM and not PC? The cards look the same but have different firmware. A PC card will not work in a Mac.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
kev_taoboy

It is Mac compatible - double checked by plugging my VGA monitor into it and THAT works fine.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Have you downloaded and installed the latest drivers for that card from ATI?

If you have 10.3 or 10.4 go here.

If you're on 10.5, the drivers were included with the OS, but I don't have a clue if it would have been installed or not if the card was not in the machine during the install of the OS.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
kev_taoboy

The OS is 10.5x so the drivers should already be installed. Is there a way to "activate" them or something?
I'm also wondering if all S-Video to video cable adaptors are the same. The one I'm using came with the S-Video graphics card I bought for a PC about a year ago - is it possible my adaptor wouldn't work with the card I bought?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac friendly photo scanners with ADF? | Weird printer 10.5.7 niggle »