New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

External HD from PC on my Mac...where is it?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Macmick33

Macmick33 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2009 13" Macbook Pro. 4gb ram, 160gb HD, 2.26 GHZ. The love of my virtual life.

So I just borrowed a 160 GB drive from a mate so that I could use it on my 13" Macbook pro, but it won't show up anywhere. The light shows that it's on, and it works fine with PC, but refuses to play nice with my mac. Any ideas or suggestions welcome. I am a newly switched.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

First question is how is the drive formatted? And does the drive appear in Disk Utility? If it does do not change the formatting as then your mate's PC may be unable to recognise it. Best suggestion is get your own external and format as you wish.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« LCD Monitor Questions | Easy My Book Essential Question »