New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

DVI inputs on monitors

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

appleXcore

appleXcore can only hope to improve

I have the 2006 MacBook with the Mini DVI output. Which of these monitors do you think would be easy to go with for a second monitor?

Does

Apple Mini-DVI to DVI Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.)

well the Mini DVI to DVI adaptor is $19 so i guess that answers that

OS X 10.6.4
2GB RAM
2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo
QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch MacBook Pro

I think the question is this - will the MacBook have issues with HDCP. I am thinking both would work, but I am not sure.
QUOTE Thanks
appleXcore

will the DVI adaptor work or do i HAVE to have the DVI -D

OS X 10.6.4
2GB RAM
2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

If you're getting a standard monitor, then you just need that mini DVI to DVI adapter. The DVI cable that comes with the monitor will work just fine.

Also, DVI-D is referring to the regular DVI connector on the monitor. So yea, you'll still need the adapter to connect to it.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
appleXcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
If you're getting a standard monitor, then you just need that mini DVI to DVI adapter. The DVI cable that comes with the monitor will work just fine.

Also, DVI-D is referring to the regular DVI connector on the monitor. So yea, you'll still need the adapter to connect to it.
Well the monitor is listed as DVI-D input and I know there difference between DVI and DVI-D is the 4 pins on the back that carry the analog signal, Am i to assume it will connect just fine?

I dont actually have the monitor with me, Its at my parents house and i have to go get it. xD i need to see the thing.

OS X 10.6.4
2GB RAM
2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Yep, should be no problem whatsoever

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
appleXcore

these will not connect

OS X 10.6.4
2GB RAM
2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo
QUOTE Thanks
Emptee

Emptee is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4Ghz, 2Gb, 160HDD & 10.6.2 / Aluminum Keybaord & Mighty Mouse / WD MyBook 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleXcore View Post
Well the monitor is listed as DVI-D input and I know there difference between DVI and DVI-D is the 4 pins on the back that carry the analog signal, Am i to assume it will connect just fine?

I dont actually have the monitor with me, Its at my parents house and i have to go get it. xD i need to see the thing.
I'm running my macbook in clamshell mode with my new Acer 23" widescreen monitor and the mini dvi to dvi cable I got from the apple store fits perfectly fine with the dvi-d input on the back of the monitor. They will fit with each other just fine.
QUOTE Thanks
appleXcore

but from the looks of it they are both Female and will not connect???

is the apple mini DV to DVI designed to be a convertor ONLY and not actually connect my two products , but allow me to run a DVI cable to them?

OS X 10.6.4
2GB RAM
2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo
QUOTE Thanks
appleXcore

ahh it came with the VGA and DVI cable, so its all hooked up and working beautifully!

OS X 10.6.4
2GB RAM
2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What external disc format should I use? | Salvaging a HD from a dead computer »