New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

1680 x 1050 or 1920 x 1080 res

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

yamawho

yamawho has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: Mac Mini late 09 version

I started using my mini with a 22" 1920 x 1080 monitor but I find writing a tab small. Changing the res from the native 1920 x 1080 is not that good since the image degrades.

Was thinking of switching to a 22" 1680 x 1050 so things are alittle larger.

What monitors and screens do you all use ...
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

I use 1920X1080. Everyone's eye site is different so what works for someone else might not work for you. IE. some older people have problems reading small type, others don't.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Heard crimson was talking about me over here.

I buy the highest resolution screens I can buy at any given size I need for the best pq. Then adjust font sizes, etc. as required.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
yamawho

yamawho has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: Mac Mini late 09 version

I took the monitor 1680 x 1050 from my windows 7 pc and put it on the mini.
Much better ...
The problem with adjusting font sizes is that the text in the menus stay small for example, in Safari the text in the web pages get bigger but the everything else remains the same.

I have a feeling I should stay away from 1920 x 1080 ... need to sell mine.

Also, 1680 x 1050 16:10 gives you an extra 1" taller screen than 1920 x 1080 16:9 and both are 22" monitors. This is much more of an issue with Macs since you have the dock at the bottom and the bar at the top. Having experienced this, I would never buy an iMac with a 22" monitor at 1920 x 1080.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« External HD mounts.. but folders disappear | Extra dedicated multimedia/programmable keyboard? »