Specs:
    MacBook Pro
    Snow Leopard, Scanning and HP Photosmart C7280
    I'm a new member of MacForum and this is my first post.

After moving to Snow Leopard I had problems in scanning using an HP Photosmart C7280 - with Leopard there were no problems and I used the HP software delivered with the printer/scanner. After searching various BBs |I found the solution was to directly use Apple's PREVIEW application which now has a scanning option in it. This worked OK. So far so good.

What I want to know is does anyone have some idea of how to change the defaults in PREVIEW so that the scanner option has the ones I use every 99 times out of a 100 (black and white - not colour, flatbed not document feeder, location of output scan etc. etc.).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Specs:
    late 2012 IMac 27", early 2015 MBPr, early 2014 MBA, mid 2010 MB (10,11.5), iPhone 6 (iOS 9).
    Hi Cliff

Welcome to the forum.

I have an HP PHotosmart 2575 and had to re-install drivers from the HP site before it would work with SL.

After installing, to set up preferences (not in Preview though), go to Finder / Applications / Hewlett-Packard / HP Scan (double click) then open profile settings.

That did the trick for me (well, the scanner now works) and although not the same model, may offer a solution for you.

Good luck!
    Johann Gambolputty de Von Ausfern....

Had to do the same for my Photosmart C4680. Seems the drivers you get with HP Printers are not the most up to date. There is a good guide on the HP Web Site at this Link:

Mac OS X 10.6: Scanning with HP Software HP Photosmart C4680 All-in-One Printer - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Obviously then had to use the old 'on/off' switch but it is working now

Quote Originally Posted by cliff53 View Post
    I'm a new member of MacForum and this is my first post.

After moving to Snow Leopard I had problems in scanning using an HP Photosmart C7280 - with Leopard there were no problems and I used the HP software delivered with the printer/scanner. After searching various BBs |I found the solution was to directly use Apple's PREVIEW application which now has a scanning option in it. This worked OK. So far so good.

What I want to know is does anyone have some idea of how to change the defaults in PREVIEW so that the scanner option has the ones I use every 99 times out of a 100 (black and white - not colour, flatbed not document feeder, location of output scan etc. etc.).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Click on details

Thread Information