New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

which phone for isync

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

adkleiner

adkleiner is on a distinguished road

Hi, I'm out of a verizon contract and am looking for a phone I can get w./out a data plan but will still isync contacts/ical. Is there a better carrier than verizon for mac support (shouldn't be hard to do :-). Any advice on a phone that is known to work with this (except for iphone of course), and carrier, would be very very helpful.

Thank you
QUOTE Thanks
ArrowJ

ArrowJ is on a distinguished road

Here is a list for Leopard...I couldn't locate a list for Snow Leopard, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist...

iSync: Supported mobile phones in Mac OS X 10.4, 10.5
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

BlackBerry has recently released desktop software for Mac. Link
It has sync functions for address book and iCal. As well as media controls.

I have the BB Pearl 8130 with Sprint and have used the BB desktop program to sync my address book and iCal. Only issue I had was that whatever info came from my Mac onto the phone wasn't editable on the phone. It was like since it didn't originate with the phone, you couldn't add or change any of the info.
Although, that was with the early beta version and I have not since bothered to attempt it again with the official BB version from the link above. Not worth my time/effort but you might find it interesting.

Also, Sprint has awesome coverage where I live (Phoenix, AZ).
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« want a printer for my Mac that only uses black cartridges | Cheap RAM for Powermac 1.8ghz »