New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Printing via USB connection not working

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

2Hit6

2Hit6 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: White MacBook | Core2Duo 2.2GHz | 4GB RAM | 120GB HDD | OS X 10.6.2

Hi!

I've got an HP LaserJet P3005 printer in my office at work that's connected to my Intel-based MBP there running Leopard 10.5.8 that, a couple of days ago, decided not to work any more (I think it was due to the latest security update -- not too sure).

So here are the symptoms and the fixes I've tried:

Symptoms:
-sees the printer (shows green light with "IDLE/Default" status), but when you try to print it shows "Connecting..." and the the error "Printer busy (status 0xe00002e9)" -- which I've googled but haven't gotten anything useful from it
-if I disconnect the USB cable, the status is reflected in the OS (i.e. it'll show the red light with disconnect/offline status)
-using the HP Config Utility, I can print the printer's config info (but obviously that is of no use to me unless I want multiple copies of the config page only )

Things I've tried:
-restarting
-plugging the USB cable into different ports
-using a different USB cable
-removed and re-added printer (which by the way, the OS detects without any problems)
-running "Software Updates" again which notified me of an HP printer driver update (installed, MBP rebooted, but still no luck...)

I really don't know what else to try anymore so was hoping maybe you guys might know something about it.

Thanks in advance!

-G
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4

Sounds like something has caused a conflict. Have you tried deleting the software, removing the printer, running the software CD to install new version, and adding the printer under System Preferences?

With Lexmark printers, by trial and error, have found sometimes the older drivers work better.
QUOTE Thanks
2Hit6

2Hit6 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: White MacBook | Core2Duo 2.2GHz | 4GB RAM | 120GB HDD | OS X 10.6.2

Yeah, I've tried all that -- not since the "HP Driver update" earlier today, but I'll try what you just said again tomorrow

*fingers crossed*
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Time Capsule setup and security | Surge Protector »