New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Magic mouse tracking

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sushi45

sushi45 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro. 13 inches / 2.26 / 4gb / 160GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
Hate to say it, but this mouse sucks.

I was pleased with the formfactor when I first start to use it, but it's proven uncomfortable after just a half hour or so. And the surface, with its glossy plastic is just not working well for gestures. I hate to say it, but I'm thinking of returning it already. Maybe I'll wait to see if they fix it in 10.6.2, but I'm not holding out hope since that looks to be just days from release.
same here. Im thinking of getting the logitech v470
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

I'm sorry it didn't work out well for you cwa107.
At least now I know I have to cancel my order, and for that I thank you for the feedback.

QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi45 View Post
same here. Im thinking of getting the logitech v470
Check out the Logitech m555b. It's a nice mouse.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I 2nd CWA's recommendation of that Logitech. They make some very nice mice.
QUOTE Thanks
spadedlife

spadedlife is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac 2.4 ghz ..1gb ram :(

maybe im not a mouse guru or anything but the trackin on my magic mouse is fine no lag.....the only thing i miss is expose ......they def. need to fix that quickly
QUOTE Thanks
walkerj

walkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive

I just picked one up yesterday from my local Apple Store. This time I called ahead to make sure they were in stock. I haven't had time yet to really use it in a standard desktop/mousepad setting since it's the weekend and the house is still in just-moved-in-shambles with my Macbook Pro sitting on boxes with the mouse on another box, but overall with the exception of loss of the 'squeeze' button i'm liking it.

I've set the secondary to be Exposé all windows and this works rather well with a little self-induced training. The lack of scroll wheel is going to work out well since, while I did like the MM scroll 'nipple' it did get a bit gummed up periodically. I do miss the middle click; you'd think Apple could simulate a middle click by doing a two fingered 'both buttons' but alas that does not seem to be the case.

Ergonomically wise, I'd say that it's fine but then again haven't yet worked with it in an office environment. Overall I'd say it's an improvement with caveats in that once again it's a mouse you're either going to love or hate. I'd put me in the love category.

I have no problems with it's tracking speed. Of course I also fall back to the trackpad from time to time but I do know that iMac, Mini owners, and that one guy with a Mac Pro don't have that option.
QUOTE Thanks
rsherid

rsherid is infamous around these parts
Mac Specs: 13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.

If there's a tracking update released, will I be able to find it in the Software Update menu?

I also instantly noticed the slow tracking. However, it's nice not to have to worry about a dirty trackball frequently flaking out.
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

I have to totally disagree with cwa107. For me the mouse works just fine and I like it. Mind you I had to turn off the scrolling with momentum though as that made it too sensetive for my liking. But with that off I quite like the mouse.

I think the logitech mice are all huge and chunky and too big for my small hands. I tried some of them and liked none of them.

But I agree with walkerj. Either you love or hate the Magic Mouse. And for me I'm in the love category too.
QUOTE Thanks
mystified

mystified is on a distinguished road

not sure why yours doesn't work mine worked fine once I got the update when I first enabled the bluetooth feature that was a week ago last monday, and I'm no mac guru. I love the finger scroll as my wired mouse the wheel occasionally got stuck. mystified
QUOTE Thanks
B-Ryan

B-Ryan is on a distinguished road

For me, this mouse has better tracking the mighty mouse. It's much faster. But I hear different reviews on both, pertaining to tracking.

16GB iPhone
17" MacBook Pro 2.93, 320@7200, glossy
http://www.bryanborst.com
QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
Hate to say it, but this mouse sucks.

I was pleased with the formfactor when I first start to use it, but it's proven uncomfortable after just a half hour or so. And the surface, with its glossy plastic is just not working well for gestures. I hate to say it, but I'm thinking of returning it already. Maybe I'll wait to see if they fix it in 10.6.2, but I'm not holding out hope since that looks to be just days from release.
I wanted to like it, but I also returned mine after only a few hours. My big gripe was the ergonomics and the fact that it doesn't work with SteerMouse. I could have done without IF the mouse was comfortable. Just not the case for my hands.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfuller View Post
I wanted to like it, but I also returned mine after only a few hours. My big gripe was the ergonomics and the fact that it doesn't work with SteerMouse. I could have done without IF the mouse was comfortable. Just not the case for my hands.
With the Zoom Mouse program, it's acceptable. I'd still like them to allow the tracking speed to be adjusted higher. For those with low resolution screens, it's fine. But at the default setting in 1440x900, it takes a good foot of physical space to move the mouse across the screen. How anyone can find that acceptable is beyond me.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch MacBook Pro

Are you talking about MouseZoom or Zoom Mouse? Can that make the curve more like <gasp> Windows </gasp>?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Kingston Laptop RAM ? | External drive not mounting »