New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

What about the future?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iSwitch

Hello

As I am gonna switch to Mac this summer I would like to know how the future of Apple looks like. I'm a noob :dummy: so sorry if I those are stupid questions but I learned one thing: there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.

Are they gonna get a bigger share in the market? How will future Macs look like? Do they ever come up with new lines?
And the thing that interesses me the most: the processor. Will they ever stick to the PPC or will they change once? The PPC is already in generation 5 but can it endlessly go on?

Thank you
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

apple introduces stuff every so often. mac mini was just created a few
monthos ago. emac is a fwe years ago and the imac keeps getting major face lifts. i dont think that PPC is going to be changing, they do appear to be pushing for the dual core processors but i believe that even those are PPC arcitecture. i think the market for mac will continue to rise for they keep putting out more and more awesome stuff.

if i were you i'd be more worried about which mac you are going to get in a few days

-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I think the best way to answer your question(s), is to look at Apple Computers history. Their product line is all ways evolving. As coach_z said look at the iMac it has had that least three face lifts. The same with the Power Mac, the iBook, and the PowerBook. Each of the line continue to exist, but the hardware under goes a change in design from time to time. As for market share that is a tough question. I believe the best way to look at it, is that Apple has no debt, like some other companies.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
inflexion

inflexion will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle

i wouldnt be to worried personally mac's have gone from strength to strenght IMO its taken them a long time to establish what they have and people are coming to them rather than them advertising all the time.

Just concentrate on how your going to decide what to buy after for it
QUOTE Thanks
iSwitch

Will the screens be replaced by holygraphic ones, later I mean?
QUOTE Thanks
shaun89

shaun89 will become famous soon enough

Well i don't know about you, but i can't tell the future. So i have no clue... Maybe in 4-7 years they will, but i think now, they will stick with LCD's.
QUOTE Thanks
rs2sensen

rs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black

Apple is one of the few companies that is an actual inovator in the computer market. I think they have a very promising future.

I always liked a quote from steve jobs, the exact quote is in the "notable quotes" thread in the "anythign goes" board. But, it went something like this "Apple's market share is equal to the BMW or Porsche of the automotive market. Whats wrong with being a BMW or Porsche?"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Old Laserwriter II printer troubles | two quick questions »