New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

The new mouse a good buy?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hookbill

hookbill is on a distinguished road

I don't feel ripped off at all, it's new technology. It's fun I think it's worth it.

Proud Owner Of the TiVo S3 and TiVoHD
Mac Snow Leopard 24" desktop 1tb hard drive
QUOTE Thanks
Attimus

Attimus is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.53, 4gigs RAM, 250hd

i got it, and it's a pretty good mouse. The weight is nice. They accounted for the weight of the batteries. I imagine if you'd like it lighter, than you could put in some lithium batteries in, and it'd reduce the weight significantly.

It works almost the same on VMware except the swipe for back and forward. I'd really love it if it had a 3rd button option to use for panning on programs such as CAD and 3d rendering software that i use on the windows side.

I'm wondering right now since it's a multi touch, if it could get better in time, with updates. The pinch would be wonderful. And a 3 finger swipe to activate expose' or show desktop.

The mouse would be 5/5 if it had a "button 3" like the mighty mouse did.

right now. It's just like a super model. She's good to look at, but worthless in the kitchen. So, 4/5 stars from me.
QUOTE Thanks
bennjiboi

bennjiboi is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.06Ghz 4G Ram| iPhone 3G 8Gb

I would love it to minic a trackpad in the way of taping to select things, double clicking etc..

This way the 'right click' could be used as expose..

I think I'll be going back to my mighty mouse because I miss expose..

Stanton ATM 6 active monitors | Canon 450D | Razer Sphex
QUOTE Thanks
therichad

therichad is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2011 15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHZ Intel Quad-Core i7 iPhone 5 16GB, iPad 3 16GB

It looks good to me and i've read reviews on the apple website and they are mostly positive. I really want to get this mouse because I have a mighty mouse that is constantly having trackball problems. Plus I hate going third party because it just does not feel right I want something that was meant for my computer.

Once you go Mac you never go back (to PC)
Android sucks!!
QUOTE Thanks
therichad

therichad is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2011 15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHZ Intel Quad-Core i7 iPhone 5 16GB, iPad 3 16GB

Plus I betcha that apple will add more updates with updates to that wireless mouse software

Once you go Mac you never go back (to PC)
Android sucks!!
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennjiboi View Post
I would love it to minic a trackpad in the way of taping to select things, double clicking etc..

This way the 'right click' could be used as expose..

I think I'll be going back to my mighty mouse because I miss expose..
What about setting up expose as a hot corner. I have a third party mouse ATM and use my hotcorner for expose. Unless you have them set as something else already.....

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Attimus

Attimus is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.53, 4gigs RAM, 250hd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooedmac View Post
What about setting up expose as a hot corner. I have a third party mouse ATM and use my hotcorner for expose. Unless you have them set as something else already.....

Cheers
that's what i do. Even when i had the mighty mouse. It was too hard to squeeze so i just used a hot corner.
QUOTE Thanks
bennjiboi

bennjiboi is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.06Ghz 4G Ram| iPhone 3G 8Gb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooedmac View Post

Cheers
Thats a great idea - I dont know why I didnt think of it!

I'll be heading straight home to change my expose settings!!

Stanton ATM 6 active monitors | Canon 450D | Razer Sphex
QUOTE Thanks
jsamuels

jsamuels is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late-2008 MacBook Air with SSD.

FedEx just dropped off my magic mouse. Like some others have said in different threads, there seem to be a slight lag when scrolling up/down - but I assume I'll get used to it.

All in all, seems fine for now. I don't believe it's a "must" but I wanted a mouse to use with my Air.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« itune Library on External Hard Drive | 27" iMac vs. 30" Apple Cinema Display »