AAXA P2 pico projector (800x600 33 lumens)
    Hi,

Anyone try out the new models of pico projectors yet? I'm specifically looking at the AAXA P2 projector. I own the AAXA P1 projector which is just ok for video watching but for presentations or as a secondary monitor the resolution and brightness are both inadequate.

Has anyone tried the newer projectors that are 30 lumens+ / higher resolution? The AAXA P2 is 33 lumens and 800x600 but it's also $350 so I want to see what you guys think about using this projector with a macbook before I commit. Here's a review but it's for I think an Acer laptop:

AAXA P2 Micro Projector (Portable) - Fantastic!! (my mini review)

The resolution / brightness look somewhat usable... (pictures from other post)

With my experience with the P1 I'm a bit wary of pico / pocket projectors on the whole, but I really desire the portability that they offer. Any comments, experiences, suggestions would be appreciated.

Also the P1 I had to buy a DVI to composite adapter. I believe this is not the case with the P2 as it has that monitor plug on the back - but can someone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by jr429 View Post
    Hi,

Anyone try out the new models of pico projectors yet? I'm specifically looking at the AAXA P2 projector. I own the AAXA P1 projector which is just ok for video watching but for presentations or as a secondary monitor the resolution and brightness are both inadequate.

Has anyone tried the newer projectors that are 30 lumens+ / higher resolution? The AAXA P2 is 33 lumens and 800x600 but it's also $350 so I want to see what you guys think about using this projector with a macbook before I commit. Here's a review but it's for I think an Acer laptop:

AAXA P2 Micro Projector (Portable) - Fantastic!! (my mini review)

The resolution / brightness look somewhat usable... (pictures from other post)

With my experience with the P1 I'm a bit wary of pico / pocket projectors on the whole, but I really desire the portability that they offer. Any comments, experiences, suggestions would be appreciated.

Also the P1 I had to buy a DVI to composite adapter. I believe this is not the case with the P2 as it has that monitor plug on the back - but can someone confirm?
    Bump no one? My other choice is the Benq Joybee, but it's $150 more and not as portable (no battery power)... Thoughts??

Thread Information