New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

3 Monitors have broken in 2 months while hooked up to my MacMini

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

stupidmac

stupidmac is on a distinguished road

Like I said, 2 months, and I've gone through three monitors. My mac is out of warranty(it's a 2007). I don't want to pay $50 for the mac store to tell me the problem is not with my mini. Could my mini be blowing my monitors out??? Has anyone heard of this problem before???

What specifically happens is the monitor will be running fine for a few weeks, then the colors will start to get fickle, and the screen will slightly warp, for example, right now I have a pink screen. If history repeats itself, my monitor won't be working in about a week or less.

Btw: one monitor was new, and two were older, but worked perfectly prior to hooking up to my mini.

Any advice would help, I'm so blind sighted by this issue. Thanks everyone.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Just curious, are these CRT or Flat Panel monitors?

I have had 3 minis over the years and never had one issue with any monitor and I have many.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Seems a bit unusual to me that the mini would cause the monitors to go bad. Usually if there's a problem with the computer...you usually only get bad video signal to the monitor, but nothing that does any damage to the monitor.

Of course 3 bad monitors seems sort of coincidental as well. Have you tried hooking these "bad" monitors up to a 2nd computer to confirm that they are bad?

Thanks,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
stupidmac

stupidmac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
Just curious, are these CRT or Flat Panel monitors?

I have had 3 minis over the years and never had one issue with any monitor and I have many.

1 flat, 2 old-ish crt.
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidmac View Post
1 flat, 2 old-ish crt.
In the monitor contol panel have you tried to reset or degress them.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« FastMac battery | mybook troubleshooting...problem »