New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Fire Wire Hub/Splitter

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

n2soccer31

n2soccer31 is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I am looking to purchase a hub or splitter to plug into my firewire port so that I can plug in my hard drive and a video camera at the same time. Any recommendations? (I am pretty illiterate when it comes to the technology I don't understand the difference between firewire 400 and 800, for example).
QUOTE Thanks
McBie

McBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2013 MBA 13" - OS X 10.10.1

I am not 100% sure but I believe that FW technology does not cater for hubs ( like USB ) but FW devices can be daisy-chained one after the other.
Am sure there will be technical limitations to this, but I have 2 external disks chained like that so I assume it might work with a disk and a camera as well.

There are other ( more knowledgable ) members on the forum, so give them some time to respond and you will have a solution.

Cheers ... McBie

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude towards the problem. You understand ?
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

Google is your friend !

Belkin F5U526-APL-S 6 Port Firewire Hub
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Deleting all data on a WD MyBook external drive | Monitor Question »