New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Mac Pro - USB Monitor problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Shanez

Shanez is on a distinguished road

Hey folks,

My usb connections on my monitor wont work, and ever since i connected a printer to my mac via the tower, how do i fix the usb connections on my monitor so they will work again, i want to be able to connect my mouse and keyboard to my monitor. And ive no idea what to do?
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

What monitor are you using?
Are the ports USB 1.1 or 2.0?
It's possible that the printer is drawing too much power from the computer and overloading it to the point where the monitor's ports won't get enough 'juice' to work.
You would have to get a powered USB hub to compensate for this, if that is the case.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
Shanez

im not too sure m8, but if the usb stops working on the monitor how do i fix it?
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Always best to connect to either the computer or second best a mains powered USB hub. Using the monitor USB ports can be very much hit and miss.
QUOTE Thanks
Shanez

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
Always best to connect to either the computer or second best a mains powered USB hub. Using the monitor USB ports can be very much hit and miss.
Will i be able to fix it?
QUOTE Thanks
Shanez

hmm its working again, just swapped around connections back and forth and now its working..
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can't see hard drive from remote Mac? | How do i connect webcam to mac mini via an av splitter? »