New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Xbox 360 to iMac 20" ideas...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

heavenfalls

heavenfalls is on a distinguished road

i have a 360 and want to connect so i can use my imac's display as a tv,
i've done lots of research and found EyeTV Elgato Hybrid is the best solution for this with minimal lag, only the downside i've read in reviews are that the image quality is that from between VHS to DVD, so NOT HD but just above Standard.

Now i'd prefer gaming with HD, so what can i do!

i also want to know if this is possible:
iMac mini DVI to VGA which is plugged into the VGA HD AV Cable for 360, would this work? would my imac display change? or is there a software to play the image being sent from 360?

all in all i just need to know how can i game on my imac (as i dont want to by an HDTV) with the cheapest, best and safest solution?

Thanks in advance
John
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

I may be dead wrong but IMO it can't be done.

Since the display port on an iMac is an "out" and not an "in", i don't think you'll be able to realize this.

Unless you buy a TV Tuner and you plug your X-Box in the Tuner, although you have to realize there will be a considerable amount of lag.

You'd get something like this

Hope this helps

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« hdmi out external monitor problems | Adding Drives to RAID Setup »