09-21-2009, 02:31 PM #1
External keyboard works on 10.5.4 not on 10.5.6/10.5.8
- Member Since
- Apr 18, 2007
I have recently purchased a wired mac keyboard (Apple - Keyboard - Explore completely redesigned wired and wireless keyboards.)
and it does not work correctly on 10.5.8, but works perfectly on 10.5.4.
what i mean by 'does not work correctly' is that: the alt-tab works and the contrast+volume works, but when i try to type normal letters on the home row, then no keys work.
things i've tried that did not help:
- keyboard in different USB ports. works incorrectly in both USBs.
- different keyboard on the Mac (works correctly)
- the keyboard on a different computer (works correctly)
- so it is the O/S system files, driver files that are breaking the functionality
- I did an 'archive and install' to clean out older files and on 10.5.4 the keyboard worked perfectly; however, after upgrading to 10.5.8 it does not work properly. Also, there are no more 'software updates' availalbe for the system..in other words, i have updated everything and there are no firmware updates, etc.
Any clue what is happening here?
p.s. I used to have Microsoft Ergonomic keyboard installed, and uninstalled it to see if it helps, but no cigar.
09-21-2009, 03:10 PM #2
- Member Since
- Aug 03, 2009
- The Netherlands
- Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ
You have to remap the keys in the Keyboard & Mouse section of System Preferences.
Open the System Preferences utility and click on Keyboard Shortcuts. Then scroll down to the higher numbered F keys with Dashboard. Set the keys there and they will work.
Hope this helped you
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By KingRedcastle in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 0Last Post: 09-21-2010, 08:43 PM
By bella787 in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 2Last Post: 08-07-2009, 04:01 AM
By Sr-ultimate in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 1Last Post: 01-22-2009, 01:05 PM
By roryfrench in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 11Last Post: 06-14-2007, 01:57 PM
By Redbrick in forum Other Hardware and PeripheralsReplies: 6Last Post: 08-11-2005, 04:22 PM