Hi Guys,

I am aware that this Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 not for Mac O.S but just wondering anyone try before? I have goggled this... but not a very certain answer can be found.

Thanks for all the great help and time... Million Thanks

Hi Guys,

I am aware that this Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 not for Mac O.S but just wondering anyone try before? I have goggled this... but not a very certain answer can be found.

Thanks for all the great help and time... Million Thanks

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Note: Duplicate threads merged.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
    I use a Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live USB card with my MB and it works perfectly in spite of not being listed as OS X compatible. Whatever software comes with it will be unusable, however, there is a fair chance the hardware will work just fine without it.

Note that I only use 2 speakers w/ a sub. I just wanted some quality external speakers without having to plug a separate cord into the headphone jack every day. I can't verify whether or not the surround sound will work with the default preinstalled OS X drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaygray View Post
    I use a Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live USB card with my MB and it works perfectly in spite of not being listed as OS X compatible. Whatever software comes with it will be unusable, however, there is a fair chance the hardware will work just fine without it.

Note that I only use 2 speakers w/ a sub. I just wanted some quality external speakers without having to plug a separate cord into the headphone jack every day. I can't verify whether or not the surround sound will work with the default preinstalled OS X drivers.
    Hi ...

to me ... i just want to have that Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 hook up with my mac then plug the headphone.. that's all that i want ... the creative site indicated Win but say nothing about Mac....thanks ...

Thread Information