New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

How do you completely delete files from a USB Flash Drive?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Liam

Liam has a spectacular aura about

I keep deleting things from my usb flash drive, but it doesn't actually delete, if that makes sense.

IE: If I have a 1gb memory card, and put a 500mb file on it, then delete it, it still says I only have 500mb available.

Any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
rogerinlondon

rogerinlondon will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacPro 2,66GHz 10GB RAM NV 8800GT Cinema 30" * MBP 15" Glossy 2.33 GHz 2 Duo 3GB RAM 160GB HD

Empty Trash with the USB-stick attached.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

Same as Windows operations. Drag content/s to trash and as roger advised, empty the trash with the stick still connected. Then drag the stick icon to the trash to disconnect.
QUOTE Thanks
johan.tholome

johan.tholome is on a distinguished road

the easiest way is to move it permanently off the stick first by clicking and pressing cmd...

then you can delete it whenever u want
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problem w/HP C3180 all in one | Looking for new External HD in UK. »