New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Canon iSensys LBP3370 - not working with Snow Leopard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SampleX

SampleX is on a distinguished road

Hi gang,

Looking for input or answers...

I just found out that my Snow Leopard update has caused my Canon iSensys LBP3370 (network interface) printer driver to disappear from my selectable 'printer' options. An attempt at reinstalling the driver has resulted in what appears to be a successful installation, but again, there's no specific driver, and the generic driver is selectable but then simply refuses to allow me to install an instance of the printer in the control panel. Even the NetSpot Device Installer application which worked prior to Snow Leopard has vanished and in attempting to reinstall it, the installer calls first for Rosetta, and then just crashes and quits.

I'm starting to get the message that the drivers are now fundamentally incompatible with my OSX operating system (Snow Leopard) - does anyone have a workaround or experience with this, any insider information from Canon, or am I just at Canon's mercy waiting for a driver to fix the problem?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

You may be at the mercy of Canon - but first I'd install Rosetta - available from your SL disk under Optional Installs - also might want to try the Printers section in the same location.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
seanscutt

seanscutt is on a distinguished road

Hi, I have a similar problem. After trying various things I have now added the printer using HP Jetdirect as the protocol and Generic PCL as the print driver.

I am not sure if that driver was always there or got added when I installed the canon print driver package from the Apple website

Hope this helps
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Check the Canon website. They recently added a whole slew of new drivers and software for Snow Leopard compatibility. I was basically in the same predicament with my Canon PIXMA MP 620. New drivers and software for Snow Leopard got it working again. As a matter of fact, the new drivers and software are better than those supplied for Leopard.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

I'm really amazed at this turn of events related to print drivers with new driver releases by HP and Canon within a week of SL. Shows Apple had been working pretty closely with the manufacturers on this.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
SampleX

No updates on UK support site, and US/UK model numbers appear to be very different, so no direct exchange with a US driver set as far as I can tell... :-(
QUOTE Thanks
SampleX

Am I missing something? Still 1.80 version drivers on US Canon website too....
QUOTE Thanks
SampleX

Still no results...

I've installed the new Canon drivers from the Apple Website, and there is no driver for the network printer iSensys LBP3370.

Please... does anyone have any ideas. Canon won't even respond to my support request, and the package that Apple has farted out doesn't seem to have anything to do with my problem.

How can this be working perfectly in Leopard and then totally falls off the page with an upgrade to Snow Leopard?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« is samsung monitor p2250 comp. w/MBP LAPTOP? do you have the right driver? | WD Passport Studio - bootable via 1394b? »