New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Setting up a Canon Pixma MP 620 in Snow Leopard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Would like some feedback from anyone using a Canon Pixma MP 620 with Snow Leopard.

Snow Leopard shows the printer as installed and even indicates the correct driver for it (same as Leopard). However, the printer will not work wireless. I'm assuming that I will have to reinstall the included Canon software. Any feedback appreciated. Thanks.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch MacBook Pro

That is EXACTLY what I had to do with the same printer.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for confirming what I suspected. Looks like more work ahead.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Yup, I have that same printer and I remember researching it before I bought it and A LOT of people had a heck of a time using the wireless feature. I just have mine plugged into a router instead so I can't comment personally, but your problem sounds very familiar.
The directions have to be followed EXACTLY and even then it might take a time or two before it works.
QUOTE Thanks
joekar

joekar is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP 13 in 8 gig ram 256 gig ssd

you need to go to Canon support and
download driver version 10.26.0.0
and all should be well
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

Thanks. I'll try downloading the new driver.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
joekar

joekar is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP 13 in 8 gig ram 256 gig ssd

After you have the print issue settled go back in on the same sight
and download the new scanner driver.After this download your computer
will be prompted to restart. After that the scanner should just work.
QUOTE Thanks
VanDooren

VanDooren is on a distinguished road

Until this all gets automated, this process should work if you had already set up your Canon wireless MPxxx printer/scanner under Mac OS X 10.5:

1. Reinstall the 10.5 versions of the IJ Network Tool and the printer and scanner drivers form your installation cd-rom or the one that's posted on Canon's site.
You will end up restarting your machine maybe 3-4 times.

2. Instead of running the auto-installer from the disc, open "System Preferences" and choose "Print & Fax".

3. Add a new printer to your list using the "+" sign. When the selector appears, choose "IP." Change "protocol" to "IPP" and select "More Printers" in the lower left hand corner. Your MPxxx should pop right up in the list. Select it, and you're back in the wireless printing business.

IJ Network Tool should already be running in the background and take care of the scanning for you.

Officially, Canon says they should have a 10.6 version of the automated installer by mid-September.

This setup works fine with my MacBook Pro with the Snow Leopard update dvd.

Good Luck !!!
QUOTE Thanks
oobflyer

oobflyer is on a distinguished road

I've had the same problem. I haven't been able to print or scan since I updated to Snow Leopard. I downloaded Canon's driver that is supposed to work with Snow Leopard, but it didn't work. Today Apple release an update (10.6.1), which I downloaded and installed... now I can print!
BUT - the scanner still doesn't work. The same error message pops up every time I try to scan, "The scanner driver supported by this software is not installed. Install it and then retry." I give up... I'll be calling Apple to see what do try next....
QUOTE Thanks
bungee

bungee is on a distinguished road

I had that too...go here and download all the os10.6 drivers (select OSX and English first).
PIXMA MP620
it fixed it for me!
QUOTE Thanks
Aggienator

Aggienator is on a distinguished road

The one that worked for me was:

1. Canon ScanGear for OSX (14.8.2)
QUOTE Thanks
filipjakobsen

filipjakobsen is on a distinguished road

I have just made a user on this forum just to say thanks to you guys :-)

I downloaded the Canon ScanGear for OSX (14.8.2) from the url mentioned, and now I can scan wirelessly. Have been trying to get this to work before, but now it's finally there! Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
jechante18

jechante18 is on a distinguished road

I tried downloading everything for 10.6 from the canon site ( the link recommended here) and I don't know how to move forward. I tried installing the Cd after and it still says not compatible. Are there steps I am missing after installing the software updates?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

More details please. I'm assuming since you've posted to this thread that you have a Canon Pixma MP 620? And you can't get it to work wirelessly?

Post back exactly what you've done and the results. We'll go from there.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
btrswt

btrswt is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac OS X Version 10.6.2

My printer has been a brick for about 6 months now.

I remember being extremely frustrated when I was setting up my wireless in September 08 on Leopard, but it was functioning wirelessly.

I moved in September 09 and my internet connection changed and I haven't been able to set it up again. Then I updated to Snow Leopard and I still have luck.

I've downloaded several of the drivers from the link posted here, as well as the one provided by Apple.

My MacBook isn't registering my Pixma AT ALL - not even when I have it plugged in via USB.

Any suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Xerox WorkCentre PE16 printer drivers for Mac OSX 10.5.8 | Trying to set up ePrint on HP CP1020nw... IP address just coming up as 0.0.0.0? »