New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Epson Stylus DX4050 acting strange with Macbook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bungy

bungy will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2009 Macbook White 2Ghz 2Gig RAM 120Gig HDD

I have an Epson Stylus DX4050 printer which I used to use with my PC just fine.

I have since upgraded to a Macbook and have been having endless trouble getting the printer to work.

I have downloaded the drivers from Epson.

What is strange is that the printer randomly decides what it will and will not print.

Last night I could print a page in Safari, but could not print a page from NeoOffice. It made all the sounds like it was printing, went through the motions, but just gave me a blank page. I thought it might be Neo, so i converted to a pdf, and still it gave me a blank page. Tried printing another web page, and it worked fine.

A little while ago I tried printing some instructions of a website, and about 20% of the text was missing.

This is all quite strange and annoying as I don't really want to buy another printer.

It must be a driver problem, any-one know where I can get hold of a third party driver perhaps?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Try the Gutenprint drivers for OS X. I have had good results with certain of these drivers for my HP Laserjet. The drivers on this site claim to work with your Epson DX4050.

Link

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Best Creative set? | Time Capsule »