New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

rocketfish keyboard / bluetooth lag?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bitsofbacon

bitsofbacon is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 2.6GHz 4GB Ram

Hello,
I just bought a wireless keyboard for my mac. It's made by rocket fish (kinda looks like the orig mac keyboard) RF-ABTKB is the model. When I 1st start using it, it seems fine...but after maybe 5-10 min of typing it will start lagging, like the characters appear on the screen 2-3 seconds after I type them, and sometimes one key stroke will result in multiple strokes (I'll press a, and it will type aaaaaaaaaaaaa) Sometimes it will just stop inputting characters so I have to wait for the txt on the screen to catch up with me before I type more. I'm only about 5 feet away from the mac.

I have a friend who has the same keyboard with his mac and he doesn't have any problems with his. So he mentioned maybe I have faulty bluetooth in my mac.

Does anyone else have similar problems or none at all with this keyboard?
I'd also like to know if there is a way to test my bluetooth speed ? I dunno if that's what I would be needing to test for response time...but anyways any help would be appreciated.

iMac 20" 2.66Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB Ram 320GB HDD
QUOTE Thanks
greg44

greg44 is on a distinguished road

I have a Gen 1,1 mac pro with a blue tooth card. I have silver rocketfish bluetooth keyboard and white rocketfish mouse. I notice after it sits for a while and I wake it up, I get a lag (mouse is jumpy) and keyboard delay. When it does start displaying the characters I type iiii geeet somethiiiiiiing llllllliiiiikke tthiiissss. Rebooting seems to fix the issue temporarily. This just started when I moved my computer into the basement. It is in a different arrangement and maybe more interference form other devices. If anyone has any insight I would also appreciate it. Thanks, Greg.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need help deciding | Kids school project. »