New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

G4 Sawtooth with samsung 22 inch no image

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

3xpr1ment

3xpr1ment is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

I just bought a Samsung 2243 LNX 22 inch screen with max resolution 1680x1050. I connected my Sawtooth AGP G4 and....nothing. No video input message on the screen. Any idea on how to fix this?

PS. G4 with another TFT 17 inch works fine

Thank you.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Did not go look up your particular model - but, a lot of the Samsungs (and pretty much every other LCD today) have multiple inputs. Verify that you have changed the input (using the menu on the Samsung) to match the port you have your computer plugged into.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
3xpr1ment

Unfortunately this is not the problem. This LCD has only1 VGA input. Any other idea?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Have you performed the self-test on the monitor?

With the VGA cable unplugged - turn on the monitor - does it show you a box on the screen saying Check Signal Cable?

QUOTE Thanks
3xpr1ment

Yes i did, actually the monitor works fine too with a pc i have connected. Should be something with the resolution.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

Would go into System Preferences - Displays and check - assuming it's the same - don't know what ver OS you have and I never touched a Mac prior to 10.4.

QUOTE Thanks
3xpr1ment

Thank you bobtomay for the answers. Unfortunately i dont have the small working monitor anymore so i can not access the preferences. I run OSX 10.3.9. I'll keep trying things if i have something new i'll post here.
QUOTE Thanks
3xpr1ment

Hi forum,

Restarting the computer with the screen pluged-in did the trick and the Sawtooth can work with 1680x1050 resolution without any problem.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xpr1ment View Post
Hi forum,

Restarting the computer with the screen pluged-in did the trick and the Sawtooth can work with 1680x1050 resolution without any problem.
Wow...that was an update long in coming!

Congrats on figuring it out.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« External Hard drive- uses up space, doesn't show files. | Magic Mouse and Windows Boot Camp »