New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Another dumb KVM switch question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jessica

OK, so I bought this Belkin 2-port USB KVM switch. So far, it is great! Can't wait to get a wide screen LCD though.

My biggest question is: do I need to have my pc (desktop tower) on in order to use the switch with just my powerbook? Basically, I think so...as I tried last night and the results were not what I expected. However, it would be nice to just have my pc off right now instead of it humming because of the 100 fans and such. This since I only seem to use my powerbook and nothing else these days.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Haddy

I dont see why you would...Which model did you get?
QUOTE Thanks
warrenbert

I have a Belkin USB KVM and as long as one computer is powered on, it works. Sometimes it switches unintentionally. See if you have the same phemomenon. I have model F1DL102U.
QUOTE Thanks
jessica

I'll have to try it out tomorrow. I have model #F1DL102U
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« emac won't sleep! | Keyspan Express Remote »