New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Metal flash drive

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

GK27V6

GK27V6 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: white MacBook - 2.16GHz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD iPhone Specs: white 3GS - 32GB

Hey guys, I'm in the market for a new flash drive. Currently I have one of those Lexar ones. I want one that is of a minimalist design (the smaller the better) preferably made out of metal. I can live with it being made out of plastic, and am looking for preferably a 4GB+ model. 2GB is acceptable as well. Any recommendations?

QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

I have one of these in 8GB, hanging on my keychain. I love it. The frame is made out of chromed metal, and the sides are made out of a rubberized plastic. It's very solid and has held up well to almost 2 years of constant abuse (still looks new). It's not the fastest drive in the world and there are no indicator lights, but if you need something with you all the time, this is the best one I've found.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute

NOTE: Thread moved to appropriate forum. Not just anything goes in Anything Goes

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Aphus

Aphus is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.8GHz, 4GB RAM 15" MBP (Late 2008)

Here's a really cool minimalist designed flash drive to look like a computer folder. It's a little more expensive, but it comes in a 4gb model in Yellow, Blue, or Purple.

Folderix

15" MacBook Pro + 16GB iPhone 4 + 16GB iPad 2 3G
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Check out this page. Towards the middle. Can't miss it.
QUOTE Thanks
GK27V6

GK27V6 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: white MacBook - 2.16GHz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD iPhone Specs: white 3GS - 32GB

Ok thanks for all the input you guys, but I've found something just recently. I decided to not get a metal drive, but rather this: Canada Computers - Flash Memory/Drives > USB Drives : Kingmax Super Stick 4GB USB 2.0 Flash Disk Drive (KU204G-U2).

It's teeny, I'm really excited to get it, should arrive in a day or two from now.

QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

Great to hear it.

On a related topic, has anyone seen this: LaCie Imakey. When this A Data drive fails, I'm going to have to get one of those!

QUOTE Thanks
CameraMike

CameraMike will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: BlackBook 13.3" 2.13ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2gb SDRAM 160gb HD

Got my wife a pink 8gb Sony Microvault for a little less than I paid for my 1gb older style Microvault.

I'm thinking to get a new 16gb version for myself just because they're so cheap now.
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
Great to hear it.

On a related topic, has anyone seen this: LaCie Imakey. When this A Data drive fails, I'm going to have to get one of those!
That is cool!

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« External display not working at native resolution | Formac and Pioneer DVR-116DBK internal DVD RW - compatible? »