New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

MacBook - How to add a windows network printer on my mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

CooLiSH

CooLiSH is on a distinguished road

Hey..
I got a new macbook to work, and i want to add a windows network printer on it, how can i do that?
QUOTE Thanks
fletch33

fletch33 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz

it depends on the printer. some models are supported by your mac and some are not. my office has 1 that is and 1 that will not work.

first thing to try is to go to system preferences> print and fax> try to add a printer and see if it shows up. hopefully it does and you are ready to go.

if it doesnt you can google the model with the word "mac" to see if it has drivers available for your mac. then have the printer print a network settings page and see what the ip address is and try to add it manually. if it then finds it you can tell the mac to use the drivers you downloaded.

good luck

"i believe louisiana is the pelican state"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Cheap G3 512 mb memory in UK? | Issues with HP LaserJet P2015d on Mac OS X 10.5.7 »