New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Cheap G3 512 mb memory in UK?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

willwinuk

willwinuk is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz i7, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB, 8 GB Ram running Mac OS X Lion 10.7

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get cheap 512 mb memory in UK for a iMac G3 Flower Power Slot-Loading, 500 MHz ?

Many thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Look no further than the banner ad at the top of the page!
Crucial are the guys, everywhere is about the same price these days.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
willwinuk

Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz i7, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB, 8 GB Ram running Mac OS X Lion 10.7

Thanks, but there a little pricey.
I have the found the following link, is that memory ok with the G3?
PC memory 512MB PC133 RAM (major brand)- microdirect.co.uk
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Well it says "major brand", which is very honest really! Still, no reason to doubt it's ok, because they are a reputable company.

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
willwinuk

Thanks Kevriano.
But I don't know a lot about hardware, is the memory in the link I posted above differently the right type for my G3 Slot-Loading 500 MHz Flower Power iMac?
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

I'll look into it for you and come back later.

QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Yes that RAM is fine, any PC133 RAM will do the job.

QUOTE Thanks
willwinuk

Ok thanks a lot
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.8 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.5.8; G4 eMac 1.25, 2 Gb, OS 10.4.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by willwinuk View Post
I don't know a lot about hardware, is the memory in the link I posted above differently the right type for my G3 Slot-Loading 500 MHz Flower Power iMac?
Help yourself to as much information as you need from Mactracker or Mac Specs, Prices, Answers, & Comparison @ EveryMac.com - Est. 1996 I warmly recommend the first resource for learning how to upgrade and enhance your older iMac.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

And all PC133 memory will not work in your Mac. You need to make sure it fits the specifications and is low density. PC's as a rule use high density memory which is cheaper. This is precisely the specs and type of memory:-

512MB PC100 CL2 168 Pin SDRam 2-2-2 fo... (OWC100SD512328) at OWC
QUOTE Thanks
JonnyBB

JonnyBB is on a distinguished road

These Mac systems can get tricky when it comes to SDRAM. CL settings and chipset issues are common. I went with the guys at Computer Memory upgrade,Laptop Memory,PC Memory RAM DDR DDR2 Memory and havent been dissapointed.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Airport card | How to add a windows network printer on my mac »