New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Need precise dimensions of aluminium keyboard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SharkD

SharkD is on a distinguished road

I was wondering if someone could please provide *exact* dimensions (to a fraction of an inch) of the newish iMac aluminium keyboard, such that I can print out an image, cut out the holes for the keys, and lay the printout over the keyboard and have everything line up. (No, I don't actually own one of these keyboards!)

A CAD model/image would be perfect! Thanks!

I have a goodish JPG image already, that is good for determining the *relative* sizes of the keys, but I don't have any actual measurements to serve as a reference.

A measurement of one of the key's dimensions might suffice. (Not sure yet.)

-Mike
QUOTE Thanks
SharkD

<s>Nevermind. I found a Google SketchUp model online.</s>

[edit]
The model has several errors. I guess I *will* need help after all.
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Err ok, if you must! You could go to a store with a tape measure but they may get a bit narked if you start sizing up the goods!

Width (sizes in mm) 430 Depth 114
Square keys 15 x 15
If you need the others I guess I can oblige, lets see how you go though.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
SharkD

So the sizes are definitely supposed to be in mm and not inches? Also, the keys are perfectly square? The photograph I downloaded shows the keys being a tiny bit wider than tall, but I wasn't sure if this was due to distortion in the photograph itself.

[edit]
Here's the image I've been using, BTW:

Google Image Result for http://ltacc.com/syssite/home/shop/1/pictures/newsimg/1240000368.jpg
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« LCD Monitors | Apple tv with boxee have questions »