Any suggestions for KVM switches?
    I have a dell inspiron desktop computer with vista and a dell monitor. I want to get my feet wet with a mac so I want to get a mac mini but I'm not ready to get rid of my pc yet. I would be sharing the monitor, keyboard, and mouse from my pc with the mini. I know I'll need a mini-dvi to vga adapter and a kvm switch. But I'm not sure which ones to get. There are so many of both. Most of the mini-dvi to vga adapters online I've seen on the apple store don't say they are for use with a mac mini. Any suggestions would be helpful. Names of brands for the kvm switch would be helpful too. Any thing else I am missing?

Napier NZ
    27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S
    my guess you would be better to make the jump and go for Mac. If you need windows stuff then run it with Boot Camp/Parallels/VM fusion ware. It will run XP or Vista as well as if not better than a PC. My brother has 2 imacs both running a second monitor - one unit has VM fusion/XP for a microsoft native app which is up on Ext monitor and other 3 screens for Mac stuff and a KVM switch for single wireless keyboard and mouse. Runs very reliably.and no drama with virus spyware carry on.

Thank you for your feedback but I really can't afford another mac at the moment... Ima do what I said in my original post however I'm not sure if it will work do you think you could quote me on that?

Thread Information