New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

MacBook - Is the Samsung 2243SN a good choice?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

oliviermessiaen

oliviermessiaen is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I would like to buy an external monitor for use with my Macbook 2.2Ghz Intel Core Duo, 2Gb RAM, with a Intel GMA X3100 graphic card.

The monitor I've thinking is the Samsung SM2243SN… 22", 1920x1080. I'm in Italy and I've found this specific model at a good price, € 145, all other 22" monitors cost near € 180.

I will use it for some photo and drawing stuff and watch video (no games). I'm no t secure, will my Intel graphic card work fine with a monitor with that resolution? Or may I experience any problem?

Thanks a lot if anyone with more experience can say me if this Samsung monitor is a good choice, and I apologize for my poor English : )

Marco.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliviermessiaen View Post
The monitor I've thinking is the Samsung SM2243SN… 22", 1920x1080. I'm in Italy and I've found this specific model at a good price, € 145, all other 22" monitors cost near € 180.

Thanks a lot if anyone with more experience can say me if this Samsung monitor is a good choice
There's nothing wrong with your English as far as I can tell Marco!

As far as the monitor. I don't have experience with the specific monitor you mentioned...but Samsung is usually a good brand...not necessarily a brand you hear about much for computers though.

If it's price is lower than other 22" monitors you have investigated...then I would say get it.

Another suggestion...do a "Google" search for reviews of the Samsung SM2243SN...and see what other people/experts have to say.

Good luck,

- Nick
QUOTE Thanks
oliviermessiaen

Thanks Nick

Yes, I've "googled" and read some info, but I cannot found anything specifically about that monitor with a Macbook like mine… months ago I read something (don't remember what, but wasn't good) about using the Intel GMA X3100 (only 128Mb) with a monitor with high resolution, so the doubt…

However thanks a lot Nick, now I'm not so scared

Of course, if anyone can tell me other opinions/experiences I will appreciate a lot.

Marco
QUOTE Thanks
oliviermessiaen

I forgot… I have one more little stupid question… ; )

In order to connect the monitor to my Macbook, I will need an adapter, maybe this Adattatore Apple Mini-DVI/DVI - Apple Store (Italia)… is this model?

thanks again,
Marco.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Speakers aren't working | mini display to dual link dvi adapters? »