New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Power Mac - who amkes the best hard drives and memory stick

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JIMI MOTO

JIMI MOTO is on a distinguished road

I need to get a new hard drive and I also want to upgrade my ram from 1Gb to 8Gb. Who makes the best of Hard drives and memmory sticks for the Power Mac G5 1.8ghz single procesor.

www.jimimoto.com
sneakers/music/blog/video
- glorify the culture
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

I personally like Western Digital drives, but many folks here in this forum also like and use Seagate. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

As far as memory modules are concerned, OWC or Crucial are both reliable and will sell you what ever make of memory you prefer. Both will also tell you which memory to buy for your G5.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4

Agree with above, however like Seagate and they currently have a five year warranty and even here in Australia OWC is the go for memory.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

I like Kingston for the RAM. They also make USB Thumb drives.

Seagate for HDD. I've had too many failed HDD from WD cost me my whole photo album for 1 year. T_T"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
kpmedia

kpmedia is on a distinguished road

Hard drives:
  • Seagate had issues last year, I'm wary now. I had one of those 1TB nightmare drives. Luckily I didn't lose anything.
  • Western Digital best.
  • Okay with Hitachi now too, not had problems in past 3 years.
  • Maxtor is garbage.

Kingston for RAM, thumb drives and CompactFlash.

Pretty much any name-brand thumb drive will be fine, such as SanDisk, Verbatim, HP, etc.

DVD Burning Problems? Learn which discs work best, and which are to be avoided, at digitalFAQ.com
Don't hate Windows. Just use Parallels! Best of both worlds!
QUOTE Thanks
DCReels

DCReels is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15"

I have a Western Digital 1TB My Book and I love it. Highly reccomended.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« mini display to dual link dvi adapters? | Wireless Mighty Mouse Primary Buttons Not Working »