New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

For those of you who use Rocketfish Mouse

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

csophie

csophie is on a distinguished road

I'm new to the forum so HI EVERYONE!
I recently got the Rocketfish Apple Mouse - after carefully looking for a nice mouse for my Macbook(white) - someone here in the Official Mouse Thread suggested it's a great mouse so I gave it a chance.

And as great as it actually is (best mouse I ever used, for me even better than MightyMouse) - it only has 3 buttons.

So, I was wondering - those of you who use it too - may know this:
Is it possible to set the left/right scroll buttons to do sth else? Like Expose or anything.

Coz in normal work, the left/right scroll is used so rarely I dont really need it, and it would be nice to set something else here.

I tried the Streemouse soft, but it doesnt work with the mouse.

So if anyone has this solved, please let me know.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

By "left/right scroll buttons"... do you mean the scroll WHEEL?

And by "Streemouse soft"... do you mean the Steermouse software?

If so, there's no reason why Steermouse wouldn't work with your mouse. If it REALLY isn't working, then try USB Overdrive, which is a virtually identical program. Be sure Steermouse is completely uninstalled.

Setting the scroll wheel to simulate a key press with Steermouse is simple. Under the "Wheel" tab, change the "Roll Up" and "Roll Down" action to "Input Shortcut Key" and enter the system shortcut already in use for Exposé or some other function/app.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

That would work for roll up and roll down, but what about roll left and roll right?

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks
csophie

csophie is on a distinguished road

I found it - its in steermouse soft(ware under 'tilt wheel', how could I have not noticed that before?
Works great.

Macbook White 2.0 Ghz, 2GB, 320HDD
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethfel View Post
That would work for roll up and roll down, but what about roll left and roll right?
I'm really not fond of holding people's hands. A gentle nudge should be all anyone needs. I was expecting that once I pointed out the one setting, it would be obvious where the other was. At least csophie figured that out.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Cooling system for Macbook Pro? | External UMTS antenna »