Thread: Lacie d2 120Gb HD won't start up
04-18-2009, 06:21 PM #1
Lacie d2 120Gb HD won't start up
- Member Since
- Apr 18, 2009
First, I want to apologize if this problem has already been addressed. I couldn't find it though. Anyway I just used the HD for the first time in months, encountered the same problem on SIX different MAC laptops:
- the blue light comes on, does not flicker, just stays on.
- disk not spinning up/starting up.
- doesn't mount either.
- I checked the Firewire cable, even used a different one - no change.
- I then plugged in my iPod via Firewire, to see if that port on my computer was fualty. The iPod DID work.
- Apple System Profiler detects an "Unknown Device"
- Green Light on Power Supply box is on.
- There is an odd hum that wasn't present before coming from power supply.
I am really hoping it is just the power supply!!! I have been reading that some of these power boxes can die but still provide enough power to illuminate the blue light, but not the HD itself.
Thanks in advance for your help everyone.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By pendlewitch in forum Other Hardware and PeripheralsReplies: 6Last Post: 02-06-2012, 12:14 PM
By knobrien in forum Other Hardware and PeripheralsReplies: 0Last Post: 01-21-2012, 01:37 PM
By Kanw728 in forum Other Hardware and PeripheralsReplies: 1Last Post: 03-31-2011, 10:01 PM
By GeekyKhan in forum Other Hardware and PeripheralsReplies: 2Last Post: 05-30-2007, 09:22 PM
By bluemoon222 in forum Other Hardware and PeripheralsReplies: 11Last Post: 05-16-2007, 03:56 PM