MacBook Pro to Apple 30" Display
    Hey guys (and gals),

I bought my MacBook Pro a few days ago. I was planning on linking up the 30" display to it.

However, no matter where I go, it looks like the Apple MB571Z/A Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter that is supposed to be used has a design flaw or something of the sort and is causing nearly everyone who buys it to have problems.

Here's a reference for the adapter as well as reviews:

Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.)

So my question would be is there an alternative? I don't really want to buy a smaller display, then a month or two down the road, or even later, they come out with a new adapter. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The Republic of Neptune
    I would consider trying the existing one. If it works without a hitch, so much the better. If it doesn't, then read through the reviews in the link you provided and read some of the tips provided by people who said it works for them. If nothing helps and Apple can't fix, then take it back and bide your time till a new ones comes. Or get a smaller monitor.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information