Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yellow on mine is new and and changes if I wiggle the cord
    I was searching for a solution to my "yellow" problem and found this thread. I thought I'd add my situation to the thread. I've been using my Apple Mini DVI to VGA Adapter for a few years, as I teach at a university, and sometimes it's just easier to project from my computer than to transfer files. It's worked fine until a couple of weeks ago. I'm projecting on the same computers I have in the past, but the yellow is new. However, for a while, if I just wiggled the adapter, the correct color would come back, so I figure that the adapter needs to be replaced- can't figure out a way to fix it. It's getting harder to wiggle it back to the right color as time goes on. I don't know that it helps much, but it's another piece to the puzzle, anyway.

Same problem!
    Hi guys.. I'm bringing the old thread back.. I got the same problem here..
    I'm using macbook pro 15 early 2008.. And the vga out using converter turn yellow, i've tried everything but still no fix.. Does anyone already got the solution? So desperate now..

Same problem
    I got a Panasonic digital TV, and I've been hooking it up to my MacBook Pro via. the DVI port, using the DVI-to-VGA adapter that came with my Mac, since a couple months ago. At first the connection was working fine. A couple weeks ago I started getting a yellowish screen on the TV. Skin tones look greyish-green now. Reds look brown. Occasionally I've seen the full color come back, but it's been intermittent, going in and out. Wiggling the cord doesn't help. It gives all the indications of a connection problem, though. I think one of the colors is not getting through (I'm thinking it's the red). I've rechecked the connection to the TV, and "screwed in" the connectors to make sure they're not the problem, but it doesn't seem to help.

Has anyone fixed this problem? I'm thinking maybe I should take my Mac into an Apple store to see if they might be able to diagnose this. The comments on here have been helpful in getting a better idea of what's going on. At least now I know I'm not the only one with this problem.

Texas, where else?
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    I have seen this be related to the port on the source device or the display - once in the last 25 years. If unplugging it and re-plugging it doesn't fix it, I'd suggest you just replace first the adapter, then the cable. Or just get duplicates of both at once. You can probably find both for around $10 at monoprice or Amazon.

You can always check the pins to see if there is a bent or missing pin. Once I've identified a patch cable thats misbehaving on me though, it goes in the trash.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Thread Information