New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

what phone to go with a Mac?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

timetochange

timetochange is on a distinguished road

I plan to buy a new macbook in the next few weeks, I also need a new phone so that I can access my email and particiapte in my class discussions when I am away from home ( ie: sitting by the pool watching my kids this summer) , do blackberrys sync well with Macs? will I be able to transfer my info and download files to my phone if I buy a blackberry? ( from my mac) or do I need an iphone to do that. I have heard a ton of conflicting things about the iphone and am not sure if I really need to spend the money.I use tmobile as my carrier and right now I can get a great deal on a blackberry. so...opinions , suggestions?? any help greatly appreciated!
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

You can certainly sync a Blackberry with a Mac. While BB's own Mac software is known to be cumbersome, there is a program called "The Missing Sync" that's supposed to work quite well:

BlackBerry Sync Mac - Bluetooth sync for BlackBerry and Mac with iTunes, Entourage, iCal and iPhoto

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

I used to have a Blackberry and in all honesty, I absolutely hated it. I got an iPhone within a few weeks of their introduction, and I can tell you the hype is largely well-earned. What shortcomings it may have now WILL be taken care of in the upcoming 3.0 software release. Of particular interest... now that Apple will let apps interact with the docking port, you'll likely see the ability to dock the iPhone on portable keyboards for times you need a full keyboard. And much much more than that.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
MarkY

MarkY will become famous soon enough

Blackberrys and Macs can play nice but they're temperamental. For me, a Blackberry runs circles around an iPhone, so I put up with it. To be fair, ATT sucks eggs in Phoenix so it isn't like I have a choice anyway unless I want to unlock.
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

I use the Palm Centro (waiting for the Pre) and it syncs perfectly. I use Missing Sync. Mail can be set up on the phone and calendar and rest sync also. Have had no problems.
QUOTE Thanks
cfrench

cfrench is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2.53GHz

I use both, the iphone and blackberry. I use pocketmac for the blackberry which is free. The iPhone is the easiest to use with the mac. Here is my thoughts on it. If you want organization and get things done and email is important, get a blackberry. A blackberry is a business class phone. If you want a phone that is fun and cool to get on the internet with and play video's and such, get the iphone. BIS on the blackberry cannot be beat onless you have mobileme on your iphone. BES (blackberry enterprise server) beats out mobileme. I run bes on my blackberry and mobileme on my iphone. They both have their benefits. There is more apps for the iphone but the blackberry has just launched app world and should be catching up soon. It all depends on what you need out of the phone.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Question About External Hard-Drives | MediaCenter »