New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

MacBook - Dell A 810 Printer Problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

billslaney

billslaney is on a distinguished road

Hi i am having trouble with my Dell A810 printer. when i try to print a document with pages the printer window comes up and it says sending info.
QUOTE Thanks
billslaney

billslaney is on a distinguished road

anyone?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Can you print at all or are you just having problems with the print function in Pages?

The only thing I can suggest is to reinstall any printer drivers that you may have received with the Dell printer. Also make sure you have all the printer options correctly selected.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Unfortunately, Dell doesn't supply Mac OS X drivers for its printers. So, it's probably using an inappropriate driver. Although Dell's are rebadged Lexmark printers, it's usually pretty difficult to find the corresponding Lexmark printer in order to obtain the needed driver.

Checking the Open Printing Database, I don't see any drivers available. My guess is you might need to look at getting a new printer.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« WD ex drive is recognized but will not mount on Airport Extreme | Pda »